Pages

Thursday 1 September 2016

Day 1, I Had A Nice Surprise At The Door!

We got up for our first carpooling this morning, I was so happy for us to be together. I've had my new morning schedule for about 5 weeks, but my man was starting his new schedule only today. We had to get up at 5am, it was hard for him, but me I'm already getting used to it!

No more muffin and coffee at McDonald for me! It was my little routine every morning, but we all know that their muffin is not really a muffin, but more like a cake in a muffin shape. So I brought some grapes, one slice of bread with peanut butter and I stopped for a coffee. I had a good day at work, I said no for the free food my boss was offering us, I was proud of me.

At my job, they're always giving us free food. I work for a bank, and we are really well treated. They are always offering us snacks, coffee, bakery, Mr Freeze in the summer, and a lot of pot luck during the meetings. So for today, I said no. It's nothing major, but it's a start. 

When I got home, I had a super nice surprise in front of my door! On one hand I was really pissed off that the delivery man left the box super visible with the big brand name on the box, outside. And he didn't even bother to ring the doorbell (there's always someone at home with my little one). 



BUT! OMG I WAS SOOOO HAPPY! BEST DAY EVER! MY MAN OFFERED ME A VITAMIX FOR MY BIRTHDAY!

This might sounds silly, but I feel like having this BEAST at home will help me a lot. I always loved smoothies, homemade juice, sorbet etc. And this blender is so impressive. And not just for that... Soups, homemade milk (cashew milk is so good!) and all sorts of inimaginable stuffs possible! I was hoping that my daughters would love the juices and smoothies at least. It was never a big hit here, but I had a crappy blender and the results were never really impressive. 

My older one was so excited when she came back from school and saw my nice new toy on the counter! 

After the supper and the bath, she asked me to try it. I didn't plan to receive it so fast, so I didnt had much in the fridge, and I'm not familiar with all the recipe, but I found a recipe that I had all the ingredients (All my recipes can be found here). 1 cup of red grapes, 1 cup of strawberries and 6-7 ice cubes. Both of my girls LOVED it! And me too of course. It was so refreshing! And you can't imagine how happy I was that they liked it! Juice bought from the grocery store are not good for them, and I always wanted to have healthy alternative for them. I found my first one! 


SO... Day 1 was a good success! And I feel like getting my Vitamix on my first day back on track was a sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment