Pages

Sunday 11 September 2016

Minecraft Birthday Party !

OMG. 

I'm sooo tired. Exhausted. But at least, it's over! All the big rush is OVER! It was my man's birthday the last week of august, the back-to-school for my big girl (she just started kindergarten), her birthday (a family supper last weekend, her real birthday on friday and the kids birthday party yesterday) and on top of that, she had a big allergic reaction on thursday at school, she got bite by a mosquito on her cheek and it got so puffy and swollen, the school got scared and called me. I had to go to the doctor rush rush that evening to get a prescription for EPIPEN and for Benadryl so they can have the authority to do the administration of the medecine in case it happens again. But now she's ok :)

It was a crazy 2 weeks to be honest. It was really hard to deal with all the new routine, on top of all the birthdays.

Now it's OVER and I can BREATHE!

I was really proud of all the stuff I did for my daughter's 5th birthday party! It took a lot of time, but I was really happy with the result! Same with my daughters! A lot of DIY (thanks Pinterest) but wow it was worth it! And a big big thank you to my friend Genevieve who helped me a lot to do the decorations :)

Here's a few pictures !

CREEPER TOSS 

This one is my favorite DIY project! I saw it on Pinterest, I found it was really cool! I also created those little pockets with red and white felt, rice, glue gun and a black Sharpie. 

The green panel I bought it at Michael's for like 8$ CDN, it was already folded like that.





BALLOONS :

I did also a lot of balloons ... 
I used colored balloons, differents ducktape colors (bought at Michael's, pretty expensive to be honest, it was like 7 or 8$ per roll... I had to buy 3! I also bought some crepe streamers for the arms for about 1-2$ per roll (used that also for other stuffs!)

Here's Reuben the pig and an Enderman :


Here's a CREEPER 


GASP 

My favorite one, a Mooshroom !







The Spider (and a little black cardboard with ducktape for the eyes, just for a little Enderman face)


GIFT BAGS 


For the gift bags, I bought/made :


- See through gift bags at Walmart (2$ for the pack), 

- 7 boxes Minecraft Blind Box Serie 3 at Toys r Us for about 4$ each,
- 7 Hershey's chocolate bar at the dollar store and I printed some Chocolate Bar Wrapper here. Just had to glue them on the chocolate bar! The kids were so excited to eat Minecraft Chocolate Bar ;)
- Minecraft Bookmarks that I printed here. I bought some crafting stuff to do the strings for 2$ at Walmart.  
- "Thank You For Coming" paper that I got here

So it came up max 5-6$ per bag, thats pretty good I find. Previous birthdays I was going to the dollar store, but it always end up costing at least 10$ per bag in order to have something decent. The kids seems really happy !








The food table

I had so much fun doing this! I had a hard time finding some nice FREE printable food labels.. They were either expensive, of just not really nice... I could have done them myself, but I didn't had the time to do it this time. I found some really nice one on another Blog (Fiveinsix). She made them herself and shared them on her blog, so thank you very much! I made 2-3 myself for the one that was missing.. The only thing I didn't do, it's the cupcakes and the cake. I have zero talent so thank you very much to Christine-et-gourmantines.com for those nice goodies :) I bought all the things at Bulk Barn and the grocery store. 





The diamond sword were really popular! For the grass, my mom made some brownies with chocolate frosting with food coloring. 

NETHER PORTAL

I think this one was the more popular with the kids. It was super easy and cheap to do! I got the idea from Pinterest, I just bought 2 different purple crepe streamers and a black one, and I used construction paper for the NETHER banner. 


Happy Birthday Banner

I also found a nice free printable banner here. I printed the letters, cut them and glue them on a thin cardboard (the paper where rolling up, so I had to find something more strong) and I used some green rope and a glue gun to fix the banner. Pretty simple!






OTHER DECORATIONS 

I also put other regular decorations, I used a lot of crepe streamers in the Minecraft color theme. 
* Sorry for the bad lighting for the one on the window! ;) *



 And now, for the games! I had a lot of fun to do that too! 

Minecraft Mask 

I bought a big black cardboard (same one as the Creeper Toss!) and cut both side in 3 (it was making perfect squares) for a total of 6. I also bought a pack of wood sticks at Walmart (I used the glue gun to fix the stick on the back of the cardboard)

*I used the middle of the cardboard to avoid any waste, to do the Enderman, the face next to the spider before*

I just used a knife to do 2 holes for the eyes. I also cut a lot of little squares construction papers of differents colors and put them in differents bowls. I cut them the size for a perfect fit 8x8 like the template. I bought 6 small glue stick and a pack of wood sticks at Walmart.   



I made a table just for that, and it was a big hit! I printed the templates for the faces (I can't find the website, I'm sorry! But it can easily be found on google images for all the faces you want!)




And for the last game... 

The Little Piggy!

It was also a big hit !! Easy to make (just research pictures on Google Image, or just look at mine hehe!) and really fun! I used felt and glue! Super fun for the kids!









6 comments:

  1. OMG! Such wonderful ideas!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these ideas!
    This is the website for the DIY templates: http://www.minieco.co.uk/minecraft-design-sheets-hama-beads-paper-mosaic/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Lo e the masks idea. What was the final size of each mask? - Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link to some mask templates I found. http://www.minieco.co.uk/minecraft-design-sheets-hama-beads-paper-mosaic/

    ReplyDelete
  5. bigest thanks from Russia for your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! But, how did you do the diamond swords?

    ReplyDelete